The study of Jersey’s history has always been a core activity and the first History Committee met in 1874. We cover all aspects of Jersey history and our members have varied interests. We welcome everyone, regardless of level of knowledge, and wish to encourage those who want to find out about our island.
What we do
- Study Jersey history, individually or as a group. Members share their findings, which lead to stimulating discussions
- Research topics related to Jersey. These cover a great range : people, families, houses, buildings, streets, farming, education, music, trades and professions, and the migration of Jersey people to places such as Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand.
- Contribute to the series of public weekly lunch-time lectures each spring and autumn
- Organise local walks, talks and visits to historic sites in Jersey for our members
- Assist our Library staff with answering queries which come in from members and the general public, both here and overseas.